Best Shoes for Male Nurses 2018
To all our male colleagues out there, don’t think we’ve forgotten about you! We know good male nursing shoes are hard to find. Our list of the best shoes for male nurses will help you find the perfect pair for the job. Comfortable shoes for male nurses are a top priority when getting your uniform kit for your first job or if you’re looking for a pair of replacement shoes after a few years of wear and tear. Our reviews will help you find the top pair of nursing shoes for males to meet your needs.
We came up with this list of the best shoes for nurses male colleagues recommended to us and based on reviews from other nurses. We’ve found the best nursing shoes male nurses think are the most comfortable for wearing all day, keeping clean and using in a hospital environment. Of course, if you’re a doctor or other medical professional this list will work for you too.
What's In This Guide
- Our Top Pick: Most Comfortable Shoes for Male Nurses
- Tips for Finding the Best Nursing Shoes for Men
- Best Shoes for Male Nurses 2018
- Best Men’s Nursing Shoes Reviews
- K-Swiss Men’s ST329 CMF Training Shoe
- KEEN Utility Men’s PTC Slip On Work Shoe
- Skechers Performance Men’s Go Walk 3 Compete Lace-Up Walking Shoe
- Dansko Men’s Professional Box Leather Clog
- Alegria Men’s Chairman Clogs And Mules Shoes
- Cherokee Men’s Jackson Work Shoe
- Birkenstock Professional Unisex Profi Birki Slip Resistant Work Shoe
- Questions on Finding the Best Nursing Shoes Men Love?
Our Top Pick: Most Comfortable Shoes for Male Nurses
Don’t have time to read the whole post? Our pick the for the all round best shoes for male nurses to wear are the K-Swiss Men’s ST329 CMF Training Shoe. They are comfortable, classic and sturdy. They come in all white, all black and then a few other color combos like white with navy piping, navy or grey. They’re a great shoe for male nurses who spend all day on their feet. Click here to check prices, search for your size and read more reviews.
Click here to check prices, search for your size and read more reviews.
Tips for Finding the Best Nursing Shoes for Men
To find the most comfortable shoes for male nurses, you need to weigh up a few key criteria.
- Comfortable – For male nurses comfortable shoes are an absolute must! When you’re on your feet all day, comfort is critical to make it through your shift. A good nursing shoe lets you stand all day and avoid swollen aching legs by the end of your shift. You need a good inner sole and a shock abosrbtion in your outer sole. A roomy toe box also helps and that’s why clogs are great nursing choses.
- Supportive – You need supportive shoes. Choose a pair that will stay on your feet if you need to run, allow for comfortable standing all day and correct issues like over pronation when walking. To avoid back pain, the right pair of shoes should keep you standing up straight with your spine and posture correctly aligned.
- Non-Slip – A non-slip sole is essential for nurses who work in wards or ERs or a general hospital environment. You need to avoid slipping on wet floors. A good pair of shoes can help you avoid an injury at work.
- Suits Your Foot Type – Finding the best nursing shoes for men also means taking into account your foot shape and arches, e.g. wide or high arches.
- Suits Your Job – Think about how your work day looks and pick the nursing shoe that suits it. Do you stand all day on hard floors? Run around a lot? Do you need a wipe clean shoe?
- Meets Uniform Regulations – You may need a black or white shoe to meet uniform requirements. Check with your supervisor on uniform policy for shoes for male nurses.
Best Shoes for Male Nurses 2018
Our comparison chart of best male nursing shoes will help you quickly pick out the best pair for your foot and your job. You can sort this comparison chart for men’s nursing shoes by the shoe style, features or by what each individual shoe is best suited for. Then scroll down further to read reviews of each pair of male nursing shoes on our list.
|Best Shoes for Male Nurses||Shoe Style||Best for||Price|
K-Swiss Men's ST329 CMF Training Shoe
|Pull-on sneaker||Best men's nursing shoes Overall||Check Prices|
KEEN Utility Men's PTC Slip On Work Shoe
|Mule||Best men's nursing shoes runner-up||Check Prices|
Skechers Performance Men's Go Walk 3 Compete Lace-Up Walking Shoe
|Pull-on sneaker||Best sneakers for male nurses||Check Prices|
Dansko Men's Professional Box Leather Clog
|Mule||Best Dansko for male nurses||Check Prices|
Alegria Men's Chairman Clogs And Mules Shoes
|Clog||Best male clogs||Check Prices|
Cherokee Men's Jackson Work Shoe
|Loafer||Best white leather shoes for male nurses||Check Prices|
Birkenstock Professional Unisex Profi Birki Slip Resistant Work Shoe
|Clog||Best non-leather male nursing shoes||Check Prices|
Best Men’s Nursing Shoes Reviews
Read through our full reviews of the best mens nursing shoes on the market for 2018. These are the top rated shoes for male nurses that we have found and there should be a pair here that suit your needs to a tee.
Our pick for best nursing shoes for men
These K-Swiss trainers are an excellent shoe for male nurses. They come in a huge variety of colors including all white, white with piping, navy, black and grey.
The sneaker itself is leather and with a memory foam footbed for all day comfort. The shock absorbing heel can really take the edge off a long day spent on your feet, racing around a busy ward. The shoe has pull on laces so is sturdy and supportive across the top of your foot for arch comfort and no stepping out as you run.
Our pick for runner up best all-round male nursing shoe
These classic mules are ideal for male nurses who want a simple, functional nursing shoe. They slip on so are easy to kick off when you get a moment to rest. The shoe is leather so wipes clean easily at the end of a shift. With a memory foam footbed for comfort and a non-slip rubber sole for safety, you will find these nursing shoes a real winner.
Our pick for the best sneakers for male nurses
These Sketchers make the best sneakers for male nurses, especially if you spend a lot of time on your feet, racing around. They’re pull on with laces that stretch but also hold your arches and feet in place when you need to run.
The leather upper and rubber sole make them ideal for nurses. They are lined with a soft fabric so can be worn with or without socks. The comfort insole with memory foam is shock absorbing so great when you’re on your feet all day long.
They come in a variety of color combos including white, black, grey, navy and khaki.
Our pick for the best Dansko for male nurses
We love our Dansko nursing shoes and now you can also find Dansko for male nurses. Hooray! Guys, you will love this nursing shoe. It’s a slip on leather shoe with a chunky toe and sole. The roomy toe box is comfortable for long shifts and the leather is easy to clean.
These shoes are supposed to fit rather loosely so just bear that in mind when trying them out for the first time. You should be able to step in and out them easily and not have the heel of the shoe touch your own heel.
Our pick for the best male clogs
If you’re looking for a comfrtable pair of male clogs for nursing, then these shoes by Alegria are a great choice. We love the Alegria nursing shoes. They’re leather and come in three colors – white, brown and black so if you’re looking for white male nursing shoes or can wear a darker shoe these have you covered.
These clogs have a removable cork and latex memory foam-cushioned insole and are also able to fit some orthotics so they are a comfy nursing shoe for men with foot problems, wide feet, high arches or plantar fasciitis. The rocker sole, leather lining and suede sockliner are comfortable and safe to wear for long shifts. They have a slip resistant no marking rubber sole so can be worn in a variety of wards.Click here to check sizes and prices on the Alegria Men’s Chairman Clogs And Mules Shoes
Our pick for the best white leather shoes for male nurses
Need a pair of white leather shoes for male nurses? These Cherokee work shoes are a great choice for male nurses. They also come in black too. If you’ve got a wide foot this style also comes in a wide fit in black only.
The loafer style is classic and comfortable. These shoes have elasticated sides so are quick to slip on or off. A leather upper, breathable lining and slip resistant rubber sole makes these sturdy and reliable work shoes for busy nurses. They have a cushioned insole for comfort.
These Birkestock slip resistant work clogs make good shoes for male nurses who don’t want to wear leather. They’re made from molded polyurethane so they are super easy to clean. You can even put them in your dishwasher! They come in black or navy and have an antislip outer sole and a 1.5″ heel.
Questions on Finding the Best Nursing Shoes Men Love?
If you’ve got questions or comments about finding the best shoes for nurses men will love then leave them below. We would be happy to help you out!
Pin this post for later!